Finalist #3 comes from Erin at Eleven Cupcakes. I just love the idea of the truth or dare paper punch game and will probably "force" some friends to play this with me someday! Here's what Erin sent over:
Even though I'm an "adult" now I still feel like every party needs a game. A good game can bring the guests together by breaking the ice and/or keep the party going all night long. This tissue paper punch game can be adapted for any party, works great for all ages, can cost you virtually nothing to make, and guests love it. I first made this a few years ago for a "Gold Rush" themed birthday party where each guest punched some tissue paper to find out if they had struck it rich or fallen down a mine shaft. It was great and friends still mention it to me as a favorite party activity.
This version of tissue paper punch is for a bachelorette party for a friend, Chelsea, with a truth or dare theme. This party will have 16 guests so I made the game with 16 questions, but it could be changed to fit the number of people at you party. Here are the supplies needed to make your own:
- 16 paper nut cups
- 16 tissue paper squares (cut large enough to fit over your nut cups) We stamped a heart on our tissue pieces and gave each a number that corresponds to a specific question, but this is all optional.
- 12" x 12" piece of scrapbook paper mounted on a piece of cardboard
- 16 questions for the bride-to-be
- 8 truth questions written & cut small enough to fit into the nut cups
- 8 dares written & cut small enough to fit into the nut cups
- Some confetti or glitter
2. Fill each nut cup with a truth or dare and some confetti.
3. Paint the top of each nut cup with a layer of glue.
4. Gently lay a piece of tissue paper on top of each nut cup. Careful not to tear it!
5. Glue the tissue covered nut cups to the scrapbook paper.
6. Decorate your paper if you'd like!
7. Get ready to play the game! Here are the actual game instructions for your party:
- Each guest picks a number which corresponds to a tissue paper punch on the game board and a question for the bride to be.
- Read the question aloud to the guest and the bride to be. Have them each write down their answer.
- If the guest's answer matches the bride to be then the bride to be has to punch the tissue paper and either answer the truth or do the dare.
- If the guest gets the answer wrong (does not have the same answer as the bride to be) the he/she has to punch the tissue paper and answer the truth or do the dare.
- Dares can be saved for when/if the party guests go out for a night on the town.
- Make a few of the truth/dares say "Bachelorette's Choice" to let the bride to be come up with some fun stuff on the spot.
I made this game for a party on May 14, but wanted to show it punched/finished so I did punch them all, but don't worry I don't need to start over. My nut cups are coated in plastic on the inside so I was able to peel off all the old tissue paper and attach fresh tissue paper square again. Now I can reuse the board again for the next bachelorette party too!
After you've played tissue paper punch one time you'll want to do it at every party. It really is that fun.